The City of Chamblee is partnering with Creative Movement and Dance to offer Chamblee residents and non-residents dance classes for Prek through 5th grade! Classes cost $65 per month, plus a $38 annual fee, which helps to cover recital and costume fees. CMD has the following class currently being offered at the Keswick Community Building:
Tap-Ballet on Tuesdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm for ages 3-5
A combination class that includes traditional tap and ballet. Because ballet is the basis for all dance, the tap and ballet work hand in hand. Technical training is taught through ballet, which helps teach the proper shifting of weight and patterns of movement for tap. The music and choreography is age appropriate.
Jazz-Hip Hop on Tuesdays from 5:00pm to 6:00pm for ages 8-12
A combination class that includes a wide range of fun and upbeat movement. Children will be exposed to lyrical and Broadway styles of jazz technique. Hip-Hop, the most contemporary form of dance, helps develop strength, mobility, flexibility, rhythm, and safe body mechanics, and helps them to dance confidently in a social atmosphere. As with all CMD programs, the music and choreography is age appropriate.
Please click HERE to register or click directly on the online registration form link below.
COVID-19 Precatuions being taken:
• Updated safety guideline documents for instructors.
• Instructors will certify that they check their temperatures daily.
• CMD supplied hand sanitizer to be used prior to entering, and upon leaving a location.
• Instructors required to wash hands upon arrival where possible.
• Updated room transition procedures (as necessary), to eliminate hand-holding.
• Updated choreography to include safe spacing, with no hand-holding, partnering, or touching.
• Painters tape to be used for marking distances. At locations that don’t allow tape, disposable “spot dots” to be used.
• Face covering/masks as required by locations.
• Only props that can be sanitized to be used.
• No stamps or stickers to be used.
• Dance equipment bags (for tape, speakers, etc.) if used, must be sanitized between visits.
• Dress code not enforced, but changing allowed only by staff at locations deeming this safe.
• Temporary suspension of Quality Control Representative visits.
• Modified sign in/out procedures.